The Northsea Beaches, hours of entertainment ...
Throughout the year the coast exerts a great attraction. It varies from a delicious day of soaking in the summer sun, kite flying in the fall or a brisk walk in the wintertime , to picking up the first rays of sun in the spring.
Dogs and Horses
From May 1th to October 1th, between 9.00 am and 7.00 pm, only leashed dogs are allowed on the beach. Horses are not allowed on the beach in this period between 9:00 am and 7:00 pm.
The blue flag
The Blue Flag is an initiative of the Foundation for Environmental Education in Europe (FEE) and is in Flanders coordinated by the Association for a Better Environment (BBL). Every year, coastal beaches, swimming pools and marinas can earn the so called blue flag. This quality mark is only valid for the period of 1 year. For the responsible managers, this is a stimulus to uphold the quality of their beaches, swimming pool or marina. Tourists who opt for a beach,swimming pond or marina with blue flag, are assured of a good quality and a thought-out management. See also www.blauwevlag.nl. The beaches of Den Helder up to and including Petten are safe and clean. Since many years The Blue Flag flutters on the beaches between Den Helder and Petten.
On this page you'll find more beach information.
Here you will find the beaches in the North of Holland.
- Beach "Falga", Zanddijk to the left (pale 9)
- between pale 8.400 and 9.400
- between pale 14.500 and 16.000
Watertide table - Water levels
An overview of the tide tables can be found at: www.getij.nl
Beach wagon rental
- Harry’s Tweewielers, Dorpsplein 6
- Kroon Tweewielers, Jeweldijk 4b
- Camping de Nollen, Westerweg 8
- Camping ’t Noorder Sandt, Noorder Sandt 2
- Landal Beach Resort Ooghduyne, Ooghduyne 1
- Camping Zeester, Westerduinweg 32
- Camping St. Maartenszee, Westerduinweg 30
- Camping Aan Noordzee, Westerduinweg 34
- Duincamping de Lepelaar, Westerduinweg 15